Monday, February 20

Happy Birthday!

Many years ago, when Bill Murray was still a member of the "Not Ready for Primetime Players," he sang this little song on Weekend Update (in his famous lounge lizard style). It's been part of my President's Day celebration ever since.

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear father of our country who never told a lie,
And you rail-splitting president who walked six miles to return a book,
And who wore a funny hat,
And who got shot in the back of the head the only time he wasn't wearing it,
Haaaaaaappy birthdaaaaaaaay toooooooooooooo
Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Sure, it's a little irreverent, and my mom wouldn't let me sing it when I lived with her, but hey. Have you got a better President's Day tradition? Last year we ate a Mount Vernon dinner, but it just wasn't as fun as the singing.

3 comments:

Th. said...

.

I wish I could hear it!

stupidramblings said...

I usually just find the local cherry orchard and chop down one of the trees...

Nemesis said...

Bwah hah hahahah!

Okay, see, now I have to find this and listen to it. Internet, don't fail me!