My college friend Gina, who is now the executive director of Utahns Against Hunger,
My college friend Bill, who is now the executive director of United Ways of Utah,
Rod Decker, as well as a bunch of other news personalities whose names I don't know, but whom I recognized because they were talking into microphones and had huge cameras pointed at them,
U.S. Congressman and fellow Democrat, Jim Matheson,
and Kurt Bestor.My favorite part about seeing Kurt Bestor was when they introduced him in the Senate, and everyone clapped, and then his former bishop (a Senator) stood up and babbled for a while about how he was Kurt's former bishop, and Kurt never wore a tie to church. And then Kurt just kind of looked at him and smiled. SO embarrassing.
So that's my legislative update so far. Twenty-two days, everything is going great. Resolutions are made, the Constitution is amended, bills are passed into law, and I get to meet famous people in the hall.
I bet I get a lot more people googling my blog now.
6 comments:
.
Good luck with that googling thing.
Oh come on. Is Kurt Bestor really famous enough to boost your ratings?
But I mean, good for you and all your new best acquaintances!
.
Were those pictures there last time?
Yes. The pictures were there. They have been there ever since I posted them. Last time. Only I didn't post them at exactly the same time I posted the text. I hope that clears everything up.
And yeah, I think Kurt Bestor is about the most famous person in the world. (I'm just glad they had him stand up when they introduced him, because I had no idea what he looked like.) But what makes you think I was counting on Kurt to boost my ratings? What about Fellow Democrat Jim Matheson? And my cool friend Gina? Don't you think people are googling them too?
Maybe that was what the senator was about to say when Kurt ran across the room and tackled him to the floor. I've been wondering about that . . .
Sad story. It's sad that people expect their spouses to stay with them, even when they have disabled children. Some people just have unrealistic needs, I guess.
Post a Comment