Thursday, April 6

Wo, wo, wo unto the typist

Background: Lola doesn't like the clicking sound that the keyboard makes. In fact, it's so upsetting to her that it usually isn't worth it to me to type when she's home. So I try to get all my typing done when the kids are in school. Sometimes that's not possible. Yesterday was one such day, and I expressed my frustration to Cicada, who promptly wrote today's poem.

Tap tap tap
Tappa tappa tappa
Tappity tappity tappity
Sorrow

Then I made the mistake of laughing hysterically, and reading it aloud to Lola, who I thought would think it was funny. She didn't. Tomorrow she plans to retaliate. In verse. Something for us all to look forward to.

1 comment:

Cicada said...

I am afraid to admit that I just snorted reading that. Again. Man. Once, El Senor accused me of laughing hardest at my own jokes. You'll be pleased to know that it was after I made a fart joke that he said this, though it shames me to admit it.

Anyway. Be kind to me, Lola. Be kind.