Monday, April 3

C is for Cookie!

That good enough for me.

Cookies are my favorite sweet treat. There is nothing, and I do mean nothing quite like a cookie. Except maybe good chocolate mousse, or custard pie.

Five of My Favorite Cookies
1. Girl Scout Samoas
2. Girl Scout Thin Mints
3. Lorna Doones
4. Mrs. Field's Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Chip
5. Grandma's Molasses

There is a reason Lola was never allowed to join Girl Scouts. I have been known to spend obscene amounts of money when those girls come to my door, and I have also been known to eat myself into a stupor when the cookies arrive.

Alas! All of the above contain MSG and are now forbidden to me.

Five Cookies I Love to Bake (ahem!) and Eat
1. Chocolate Chip (with nuts and Guittard semi-sweet chocolate chips)
2. Ginger Snaps
3. Sugar (unfrosted)
4. Oatmeal Raisin
5. Snickerdoodles

Five Reasons to Forego Baking and Eat the Dough
1. No boys in my family like dough. This way I get to eat all I want without competition.
2. Dough tastes even better than the cooked stuff.
3. No waiting. Eight to ten minutes is much too long to wait when you really need a cookie.
4. Raw dough has serotonin-boosting properties that baking reduces (much like cooking the vitamins out of vegetables).
5. If you do get salmonella poisoning from the raw eggs, you will throw everything up. Then you can eat more dough.

Oh, Cookie, Cookie, Cookie start with "C"! Aaaahhromph, romph, romph, romph.

10 comments:

Cicada said...

Oooooooo, now I REALLY want cookies... My question is, do I bike up to Smart Cookie and buy some there (thereby ensuring that I only eat a few) or do I make a batch of molasses cookies (thereby ensuring that I eat pretty much the whole batch)? Decisions, decisions.

stupidramblings said...

DG.

I love me a good cookie too. Alas my diet doesn't allow cookies but once a week.

You may be interested to learn that some people have taken exception to your counterpoint-like post on my blog; Raven continues to draw a lot of eyes (#67). I don't believe in censorship, but some of the comments are a bit much for me to handle so I'm a gonna have to do something...

daltongirl said...

Stupid: Thank you ever so much for pointing those comments out on your blog post #67. I have rarely laughed so hard. I'm gonna make YOU some cookies!!

Cicada: Your comment got me wondering . . . why was I even thinking about cookies? I thought it was because I had some cookie dough stashed in the freezer. Now I'm thinking maybe that wasn't it.

Th. said...

.

Dough.....

And the best way to eat a cooked cookies is to treat them as bread and make yourself a dough sandwich.

stupidramblings said...

No thanks; I disabled the cookies on my browser...

daltongirl said...

The more I think about it, the more I think Cicada wrote that one comment on the Raven post. There is no way that is real.

Th. said...

.

I too am glad for the sendback to #67.

And Dg---please tell me about the Tehachapi ad.

Tahnkee, th.

Natalie Gordon said...

Not only am I cracking up because of the C is for Cookie post (I love me that Cookie Monster), but I went and checked the stupid archives to read the Raven Simone hubbub, and I am DYING I am laughing so hard. Stupid's stupid posters make life GOOD-N-FUNNY!

BTW, I'm on a diet, and you're not making it any easier.

I love the dough, and I make THE BEST peanut-butter-chocolate-chip cookies. White chocolate is an abomination. Semi-sweet is the way to go, and I am not a Samoas lover (although I have many Samoan friends, and I love them. It's the coconut I can't tolerate.)

daltongirl said...

Th.: Honestly, I don't remember anything about the Tehachapi ad, because the minute it started I said, "Hey. I didn't know that's how you pronounced Tehachapi." And then I said, "Hey, Lola! Tehachapi is where Theric used to live." And then the ad was over. I'm so, so sorry.

Wait! This just in. Lola says it was a vacation ad. Like for a honeymoon getaway. That's all I've got.

Natalie Gordon said...

Made Snickerdoodles for the first time yesterday (needed a treat for Cub Scouts, and had no chocolate chips in the house) and I thought of you... Where, oh where has our DaltonGirl gone? Is nothing interesting happening down in DaltonLand? Post, Darn it! Post!