So I got this free drug test at the PTA Convention. It's for parents to test their kids, and make sure they don't get in trouble with drugs. Cool. I have this box sitting on the file cabinet, and I'm wondering what to do with it. Daltonman just had a drug test at work, so he's okay. Lola doesn't even know where to get drugs. Busboy . . . well, I don't have any good reasons to believe he's taking drugs. The weird stuff he says has been coming out since long before he even knew what drugs were. Daltonboy? No need. He has me.
Anyway, Lola picked up the box and started reading it. This, surprisingly, proved to be a lot of fun.
Box: Step 1: Collect specimen.
Lola: Um, what's a "specimen"?
Me: A what?
Lola: A "specimen."
Me: Oh. It's pee.
Lola: Eeeeeeuuuuwwwww!
Box: Step 2: Attach test lid, rest cup on legs.
Lola: Why would anyone rest a cup on their legs if it has pee in it?
Me: Hmm. Good question.
Lola laughs. A lot.
I turn to the computer. Blog post coming on . . .
Lola: Can I get on the computer for a second?
Me: No.
Lola: Come ON. I just want to blog for a second.
Me: No. Me first.
Lola: You can't blog about this.
Me: Oh yes I can.
Lola: Blog stealer.
Yeah. I got here first. So back off, kid.
3 comments:
So much for the inconspicuous drug test...
"Hey son. I need a sample of your urine."
Now that's building relationships of trust!
Busboy: if you were really suspected of taking drugs, I would have used that test by now.
Cicada: The beauty of my parenting style is that I've been collecting "specimens" on a regular basis for years. So my kids think it's normal. Genius, you say? Well. I never compliment myself.
.
Then allow me to do it for you.
Post a Comment