The organ plays so soft and sweet,
I tiptoe softly to my seat . . .
We showed a video to the kids today. Joseph Smith's First Vision. When it started, the little girl next to me said, "We have this movie!" A few minutes later she said, "Oh! We have the one where his brother gets drunk." I guess I missed that one. Perhaps I'll ask to borrow it one of these days.
When I went to check on the Nursery kids, one of the leaders was examining a little boy, because she thought something didn't look right. After a little investigation, she found he wasn't wearing a diaper. She wondered whether or not his parents had sent him to church without a diaper on, but further investigation led to the discovery of a diaper in the little bathroom. Apparently the kid had gone into the bathroom, removed his diaper, put his pants back on, and returned to class. When I went to get his mom, she just about fell out of her chair laughing.
In the sacrament meeting talks we got quotes from both Spock and Bruce Wayne's dad. (Our new bishopric is Super Cool!) This sparked a family conference right there on the pew about what in the heck Bruce's dad's name was. Turns out it was Thomas, but none of us could remember that during the meeting. Unfortunately, that meant I had to tune out the bishop's talk, because I was trying to remember that dumb name.
I think I really impressed the people sitting around me when I pulled out my sacrament meeting snacks. Daltonboy was all embarrassed, but whatever. I'm of the opinion that passing out in the meeting would be worse. And no, I don't bring Cheerios. I take a little bag of string cheese and almonds. So tasty, and good for the blood sugar.
And that's our three fun-filled hours down at the church today.
4 comments:
I'm all about the snacks in church. When I went to the temple with my s-i-l, her mother brought a huge bag full of dinner mints. She kept on passing it around and my mom and I kept on declining, but she kept insisting that her family members pass us the bag. Then she'd turn around and hiss at us, "We're in here for two hours! Two hours! Fill your pockets!"
I always eat the kid's snacks. Those little chocolate teddy bears are my favorite - sometimes I make them dance on the back of the bench before I eat their heads off.
My fav SacMtg talk was the lady who was talking on motherhood, and said that she got through the day by taking her vitamins - C and A. She then pulled out a Diet Coke and a bottle of Advil.
BTW - because I love you, I got a regular 44 oz Mountain Dew at Panda Express today instead of the DIET Pepsi with Wood Alcohol as a sweetener. And, as always, Panda Express uses no MSG.
Hurray for snacks!
About that movie... I'm pretty sure she was talking about the work and the glory one. It's the only one I can think of that has Joseph Smith's vision and a brother that gets drunk.
I thought that was probably what she was talking about. So funny, though.
Post a Comment