Tuesday, October 17

I never compliment myself . . .

I only know that my friends think I'm quite the high roller.

Last week a legislator emailed me and ask me to join some other experts in helping her draft a bill.

Today a different legislator emailed to ask me to come to the Health and Human Services Committee meeting tomorrow and make a statement.

I am fairly new to this type of attention; therefore, these things make me slightly giddy. And a little nervous.

5 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

Is this the same person who sent me an email yesterday with the subject "I am a bad person"?!
:o)

Natalie Gordon said...

On a scale of one to awesome, you're pretty great!

But, now I want to know why you are a bad person.

MamaJ said...

Wow, so you're either, 1) really, really knowledgeable and cool; 2) you've suckered people into thinking you're really, really knowledgeable and cool; or 3) the legislators are trying to get out of doing their jobs by getting other people to do their work for them. (For the record, I'm leaning toward #1.)

And do I get bonus points for pointing out the reference to Emma?

David Rodeback said...

DG, I hope this advice doesn't come too late: Whatever you do, don't visualize them in their underwear. It's not pretty. Besides that, some of them might be interns, and that would be just too much like a member of Congress for a good person like you. (As you know, congress also means -- oh, never mind.) In any case, your recent posts have been as delightful as ever. Past 200 and still going strong . . . "A blessing on your [blog], mazeltov!"

Oh, one more thing. When you write the bill, could you slip in an earmark for me? I don't want to be greedy, but I could use $10-15K to redo my yard.

daltongirl said...

sakhmet: I definitely want one of those t-shirts. In case you hadn't heard, I wear a medium (GAP sizes).

natgo: I mishandled PTA funds--accidentally. I'm bad. Very, very bad.

mamaj: I'd go with #2. No points for you, since I gave it away in the labels section of my post. Sorry.

dr: In case you didn't catch the above comments, I am not a good person. I am a BAD person. But thanks for the other sentiments. Also, according to the fake grass people natgo and I visited with at the Nat'l PTA Convention, it will cost you about $50,000 to redo your yard, but the up side is you'll save money in watering costs in the long run--as long as you live there for the next four hundred years. I'll see what I can do.