Wednesday, May 2

Charenji

Having spent quite a bit of time in Japan, and having embraced some of the cultural idiosyncracies of the people there, I am not one to back down from a challenge.

Therefore, I, daltongirl, do hereby accept the Cicada Challenge.

What I mean is, I did accept the Cicada Challenge, but from here on out we're going to call it the "Shikeida Charenji."

Anyway, what I did was, I read her post, and since I hadn't bothered to get showered and dressed yet this morning, and I had an appointment in half an hour, I decided that today would be a great day to try it out.

Start time: 10:45

Shower: 4 min. (including hair conditioner and shaving)
Dressing: 2 min. (including lace-up shoes)
Hair drying/styling: 9 min.
Teeth brushing: 1 min.

I also performed my facial skincare routine and trimmed my fingernails.

Backing car out of driveway: 11:02

Based on my understanding of the Shikeida Charenji criteria, I call that a 17-minute morning routine.

Of course I had already driven the kids to school, eaten breakfast, taken my supplements, fed the chickens, made my bed, read my scriptures, done the dishes, cleaned the living room, done some laundry, talked on the phone to my sister for an hour, visited a few blogs, and played a few rounds of "Subway Scramble" before I started all that, but still. In a pinch, I could theoretically have jumped out of bed and been out the door in 17 minutes. Go me.

So why does it take busboy two hours to get ready for school in the morning? I still don't know.

6 comments:

Cicada said...

Ooo, I'm so excited to try this out myself. I couldn't this morning because I have a date tonight, so I shouldn't rush myself to get ready for a date.

But tomorrow morning, I'm really going to try and make it in 18 minutes. Of course, to beat you, I'd have to do it in 16 minutes. I accept your charenji. I'll report tomorrow.

daltongirl said...

I don't know if it's totally fair, since I don't wear makeup and my hair doesn't look all that great, but I was quite proud of myself. If I had a date tonight, I would have taken longer too. I support your decision to wait until tomorrow.

Nemesis said...

You make me tired just reading about that.

I would love to accept the challenge, but is the challenge for the days when you wash your hair? Because I get ready a LOT faster on the other days.

Bunny said...

"If the bell rings, why should we run?" Me and Mr. Thoreau are going to ENJOY our mornings, thank you.

daltongirl said...

Nem, I think the challenge should be modified for people with very curly hair. Like maybe you can do it on the days when you don't wash your hair, but you have to do something else that generally takes five to ten minutes. Like applying that fake tanning lotion you love so much.

Cicada said...

This morning:

Wake up: 7:07
Bed made: 7:08
Shower (including leg-shave and face wash): 7:13
Towel off, apply self tanner: 7:15
Moisturize face: 7:15
Take off yesterday's makeup: 7:16
Brush teeth: 7:17
Apply new makeup: 7:19
Q-tip ears: 7:19
Gel hair: 7:20
Put on clothes: 7:24
Style hair, wash hands: 7:28
Accessorize: 7:29

That's 22 minutes. Sorry, when I reported to you earlier, I think I said 23 minutes, but that's because I forgot to subtract the minute I spent half-way through writing down my times so that I didn't forget them.

So five minutes more than you with how many more steps? I'm just saying... Maybe you're better at Boggle, but I feel that I beat you this time.