Friday, June 15

Gathering Additional Evidence

I went in to the doctor's office to get a couple of refills on my supplements (not potions this time). I did not see Snape. While I was standing at the counter, waiting to be noticed, I was treated to this conversation between the two receptionists:

R1: It was a new moon last night.

R2 (absently): Hmmm?

R1 (meaningfully): Last night. It was a new moon.

R2: Oh? Is THAT why we couldn't sleep?

R1 (cryptically): YES!! I had no idea it was a new moon! NOW I know.

R2 (turning to me): Oh, those moon phases really mess with those of us who have parasites.

Me: Ah.

R1 (turning to me): Sorry. I just had to get that in.

Me (weakly): Oh. Sure.

Me (thinking): You mean, you wanted to talk about it in front of me in order to educate me about moon phases and how they mess with people, just in case I have a parasite? or you wanted to talk about it in front of me so that I would understand the reason you're inSANE is because you haven't slept in a month?

You're now wondering why I didn't run screaming from the office. Admit it. I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I keep telling myself

1) I DO feel better, and my regular doctor wasn't helping me at all, and

2) How can I pass up opportunities for so much great material?

And now I must turn my thoughts to the destruction of this parasite I surely have, because (coincidence?) I didn't sleep last night either! My plan is to try the restorative waters of the Oregon Coast. I leave tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Last night, I had a dinner party with a few womenfolk. Everyone was dropping things and being generally klutzy. I said "You know...there WAS a new moon last night..." They accepted my blog-stolen gag as truth and we blamed all further mishaps on hormones, lunar cycles, and gravitational pull. Once again, Daltongirl saves the day!

Natalie Gordon said...

Every time I come here and see your headline, I think out loud, "And that's when I tampered with the DNA evidence."