Thursday, April 15

Jump on That!

Call me cynical, stodgy, judgmental, cuckoo, or all of the above, but I just can't help thinking this week's singles ward activity in my stake was slightly ill advised. All I know is where they went. I don't know who went, other than daltonman. I don't know who planned the activity, and I don't know what the activity involved, although I have a pret-ty good idea. I can only imagine one of the following scenarios:

Scenario One
Activity Chair (male) looks around room and sees a bunch of young women wearing skin tight t-shirts that the women don't realize are actually underwear: Hey! I have an idea! Let's go to Jump On It! It's really fun.

Women (not realizing that they are going to be spending an evening jumping around in their underwear in front of a bunch of guys): Okay. That sounds awesome! I went there on my little brother's birthday. We had a great time.

Older Adult Leaders: We are totally clueless about the reasons that would be a bad idea. Let's do it!

Scenario Two
Activity Chair (female) who doesn't realize she's wearing underwear instead of actual clothing: Hey! I have an idea! Let's go to Jump On It! It's really fun.

Men: Is no one going to put the kibosh on this? Because seriously? Right ON!!

Older Adult Leaders: We are totally clueless about the reasons that would be a bad idea. Way to come up with a good idea, sisters!

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt by assuming there were women in the room when the activity was planned.

For a second I thought maybe I was just being crazy. So I said to Lola, "The singles ward went to Jump On It for their activity tonight.

Her reaction: Wha???

Something tells me I might be blogging more now that daltonman is home. I'm 84 percent positive there's no correlation between the two events.

1 comment:

Natalie Gordon said...

Hahaha. Also, I must admit to sometimes wearing those shirts without anything over them. But I buy the XLs so they are a little bit not-skin-tight. I am glad the man is home. You blogging more = super awesome happiness at The Gordons! Whoo hoo!