if I didn't share some of the choice experiences I had at church today.
1. Some people have trouble expressing themselves in a way that is helpful/uplifting to others and reverent/respectful of those about whom they are speaking.
Person in church pointed up and referred to God as "the big boy upstairs." (Should I have capitalized that?) I guess I just don't think of God as being a boy, upstairs, or anything like that. So it didn't exactly work for me. Even my kids gasped, sort of shocked like. Was the uncomfortable and tense rustle through the congregation real, or just my imagination?
2. Little kids are funny.
Teacher: Jordan just got baptized, and now he's all clean--just like Lia's brother--because babies can't do anything wrong, can they?
Lia: Oh, yes they can. Because sometimes we go driving in the car, and he gets wet.
Teacher: Let's talk about the flag, and what it means. Did you know that we should respect it and never let it touch the ground?
Bryan: Aw, what for? It's just an old sheet.
Teacher: What are some of the freedoms we enjoy in our country?
Mason: Freedom to get a hundred dollars!
These are the leaders of tomorrow. Mercenaries who will burn the flag (or make their beds with it) and put babies away for not being potty trained at three weeks. I fear for the future.
3 comments:
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt (since doubts have those) that this post made me laugh. A lot. If you send me double-sided tape, I'll send you a water gun to shoot people in Church because don't you just kindof want to do that sometimes?
Ooh, can you get me one too? Because today at my ward the bishop's mother got up wearing about six 1-carat diamond studs in her ears and talked about how she makes the sacrifice of only wearing 1 pair of earring when she works her shift in the temple. And she leaves her nice jewelry at home so the patrons won't be distracted.
That's a deal, cicada! Only nemesis, I think your bishop's mother is going to need a lot more than a water gun to cool her off.
Post a Comment