Wednesday, March 8

I love brother, he loves me . . .

Every morning we go to pick up the car pool buddies, even Lola's friend Ella and her brother, the seven-year-old-genius. And every morning the siblings have this conversation, without variation, starting as soon as we pull out of the driveway:

Ella: 7YOG, is my face clean?

7YOG: Yes.

Ella: Is there anything red right here--around my mouth?

7YOG: No.

Ella: Are you sure?

7YOG: Yes.

Short silence.

7YOG: Unless you mean those brown dots.

Ella: 7YOG, don't even go there.

7YOG: Or that big lump.

Ella (warming up): Stop it!

7YOG (cackling evilly): Or all those other spots.

Ella: 7YOG, I'm not kidding. BE QUIET!

7YOG: And those brown spots right there . . .

And then it just kind of dies out.

One of these days Ella is going to realize that it would be a lot easier and safer to just turn to Lola and ask her the question. She's a very intelligent girl. If she doesn't catch on soon, I'm going to have to assume that she enjoys the little exchange. I know I do.

7 comments:

stupidramblings said...

How can I donate to the 7YOG's scholarship fund. He sounds like my kind of kid...

Th. said...

.

I love it! The Stupid Scholarship! Oh, the prestige!

stupidramblings said...

Yes. And it would be an honor just to be nominated...

Cicada said...

Don't make fun of that! I have a cousin who was so stupid that she would never have been able to get into college, so they gave her a stupid scholarship, meaning that the government subsidized her college education. Stupid scholarship. It works!

Limon said...

Siblings: a love hate relationship. We love to hate them, and then one day we love them and kind of hate that because we wish we hadn't hated them so much before.

lola49 said...

exept,7YOG is sooo funny i actually laugh, alot, i mean alot alot and alot,secretly, so ella dosn't know, bcause if she did, she would think i'm weird.

lola49 said...

i mean weird, like phyco path weird. (i donn't nowe howw too spel phyco so0 iff it'ss speled rong cutt mee sum slakk)