Saturday, March 4

Perspective



A friend and I were standing in the Executive Board Room at the state PTA offices. We were looking at the photos of all the past presidents, and we were both put out.

Here is what I saw: all the presidents before 1990 were identified by their husbands names, i.e., Mrs. John Smith. Need I say more?

Here is what my friend saw: Those little name tags really need to be engraved on metal plates instead of handwritten, because that looks tacky.

Perspective, my friends. We all see things differently.

3 comments:

Cicada said...

An old hag? An old hag? Did I get it right?

Natalie Gordon said...

My mother, in a desperate attempt to break my spirit and cause me to take large amounts of valium, addresses my mail to Mrs.Husband's Name. Yeah -- she's a real piece of work. WELCOME TO THE 70's LADIES!

Limon said...

Did women have first names back then?