Saturday, June 28

Toy Story 4

Tell me if any of this sounds familiar. You have my word of honor that I have not exaggerated or embellished.

My friend Mary and I went to yard sales this morning. (Mary neither looks nor sounds like Wayne Knight.)

There was a box marked "Free." Mary went over to it. She pulled out a 12-inch Woody doll (and a Buzz). "My kids will love this," she said.

The woman running the yard sale came hurrying over, looking very worried. "Oh! Those aren't supposed to be in there! We're not selling those," she said, and took them back.

Mary did not fight for them. She did not sneak them out of the woman's garage when she wasn't looking. She handed them over, slightly disappointed, but immediately started laughing, because really. How awesome is that?

3 comments:

Natalie Gordon said...

Was anyone in a chicken suit? That'd be awesome!

Sue said...

Isn't it amazing how fiction can never compare to your real life? How do you always end up in these bizarre situations?

MTDA said...

life imitates art, which imitates life, which imitates art, which imitates life.

I am impressed by this.