Tuesday, September 27

Your mom goes to college!

That's right. And your mom has learned three things so far:

1. Don't compare yourself to other people.
I showed up for class one day to find we were having a quiz. I quickly wrote down the answers (because I'd studied), and took my paper up to the front of the class. As I did so, I checked out what other people were writing. Every other person had totally different answers from me, and all their answers were the same. I panicked. Freaked. Out. And then today the papers came back. Everyone else failed, except for me and one other guy.

2. We took these little assessments for my Ed. Psych. class. Turns out my strongest intelligence (by far) is musical. After I freaked out prior to a couple of quizzes because I couldn't remember the stuff, I decided to start using my strongest intelligence by putting facts to tunes. It was like a miracle! I could remember everything, in about 1/3 the time. I highly recommend taking the test and doing everything according to your strength. Now, if I could get the teachers to let me sing in the testing center . . .

3. Two words: amphetamine salts. My brain has been feeling like it has a blanket around it, which is nice and cozy and all, but not so conducive to learning new stuff. Even with the mnemonic singing, I still have to remember other things that can't be put to music--concepts are harder to sing about. So as the weeks go by and I feel more and more in a fog, I decided that desperate times call for desperate measures. And these particular desperate times call for a trial of Adderall.

Um.

Someone turned the lights on in here!!!

I told daltonboy I felt like I could major in chemistry and get straight As. He suspects someone slipped me some cocaine. Come to think of it, I also feel sexy and invincible. Interesting.

Anyway. I may never be without my new friend Adderall again. I didn't need it so much when I was homemaking and occasionally doing a little volunteering, but now I think the times they are a-changin'. Reports that I am acting slightly hyper are exaggerated, but I will say that I came home from school today and made dinner. Normally on Tuesday nights I just fall on the couch and tell someone to microwave a couple plates of nachos. Oh, and after dinner, I cleaned up. So make what you will of that.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

HaHa! Love it! And by the way, nachos suddenly sound fantastic and you are awesome!

Holly said...

Pay it Forward @ A Life Size Catholic Blog is up and running on a new schedule. I will post the first week of the month from here on out. This will accommodate my new crazy school schedule and allow us to continue to celebrate the best of the best on the Internet and in the blogosphere. The Linky is open now and until the 7th of November. I hope you will continue to share your blog posts with us. You have been such blessing in my life and the lives of other bloggers in our community!

God bless!