After hula practice today, Mrs. SamoanGuy had baked the most delicious-looking cinnamon rolls. Emphasis on the word "looking." They were warm, and all laid out on little plates all over the table for the performers to enjoy. I decided to take one, because a)I'd been exercising, so I deserved something unhealthy, and b)how much MSG can there be in a homemade cinnamon roll? Not much.
Sadly, I found out after I devoured the whole thing in one yummy, warm, cinnamony bite, that they were sweetened with Nutrasweet. Who sweetens a sweet roll with artificial sweetener?
Now there's nothing I can do that will take that gross aftertaste out of my mouth. Perhaps the treat was meant to be a metaphor for the whole experience today, as the practice was, in my opinion, a total disaster, and I narrowly escaped being trampled by a rather large woman who decided to join us on the last day. A video taping of Saturday's event is definitely in order.
2 comments:
I actually thought that you were joking when you said that there were practices every day. This is ridiculous!
They're twice a day, really. I only go once, but if I wanted to, I could go two hours a day. And if I wanted extra instruction, I could schedule a third practice for private lessons. These people are maniacs.
After Saturday I won't know what to do with all my free time!
Post a Comment