Friday, August 26

Main reasons I like "Poolates":

1. I get to wear my darling new Land's End swimsuit.
2. Taylor doesn't cry and complain the whole time we're doing it. Because we're in the pool. The pool is fun. And we must have fun at all times. Regular Pilates makes her cry.
3. Low impact, and not so strenuous, which is nice for my very sore calves.
4. As long as I don't look in the mirror afterward, I can feel and imagine myself as very tall, slim, and beautiful.
5. I will have awesome triceps in two weeks. Guaranteed, or my money back.
6. The class is free.
7. I'm skinnier than the instructor.
8. I get to watch the sun rise over the mountains as I'm laying on my back in the water, strengthening my abs.

3 comments:

Cicada said...

Okay, do they seriously call it Poolates, or is that what you decided to call it? Because I missed the pool and really noticed the poo and I thought this was going to be something about pilates and bowel movements. It's a little like shittake mushrooms. Call me immature.

daltongirl said...

Yeah, sadly, they do call it poolates. They come up with all kinds of crazy names for classes to get people to go, like Muscle Mania, and Abpiloga (abs, Pilates, Yoga), and then you go and they are all just about the same. Whatever.

Taylor likes to look for shitzu dogs. She also likes to talk about shitzu dogs all the time. I wondered why, and now I know. She's immature.

And actually the mushrooms are shiitake, so it's pronounced like a long, long e. Hate to burst your bubble on that one. If you need a funny thing to say, do "Please sit down," with a Japanese accent. All si syllables are pronounced "shi." That oughta be good for a laugh.

Nemesis said...

I'm so jealous of you and Taylor being all swanlike in abdominal-strengthening in the water. I'm pretty sure any advances I've made this summer in the field of fitness are gone, gone, gone.