It has been five days since my last post, and by the looks of things, it might be five more before my next real one. How well I know the sinking feeling of disappointment that one experiences when logging on to find a friend has had nothing new to say in the last twenty-four hours. I am so sorry. Believe it or not, I'm actually having to work, which really cramps my style, but it's got to be done once in a while, if only to keep them paying my salary (read, to get to continue to stay home and do nothing).
Here's a short list of all the stuff I've got bearing down on me at this very moment:
-Domestic duties, of course (ongoing)
-HPPC (high profile political campaign)--must distribute flyers before the election, for some reason
-Primary Sacrament Meeting Presentation (am in charge, and somehow forgot to write the thing until, like, yesterday)
-Primary General Conference Activity Books (we pass these out to all the kids every six months so they'll have something to color while their parents try to listen)--I make them, since no one else in the presidency can use a computer
-Editing job (novella) that I've been putting off for about two months
-PTA Legislative Action Committee now swinging into full gear--must spend time in Salt Lake every week from now until February
-Sitting with the RHS while she does her homework for an hour a night, because if I don't, she cries hysterically and falls behind, which means the homework lasts four hours a night
That's the short list. Plus I have to figure out how to get myself feeling better, since my doctor doesn't seem to have any answers. The good news is I'm not diabetic, and I don't have a thyroid problem. Fantastic! The bad news is I still feel terrible. The other good news is that researchers have learned that playing interactive video games is proven to distract people from pain. So I've just prescribed myself a healthy dose of "Insaniquarium" and online "Boggle." So in the meantime, I'll try to think of something halfway interesting to post. With all this going on, something's sure to come up sooner or later.
3 comments:
I'm sure that Perv would recommend Starcraft and Warcraft and Halo II. You know. So you can broaden your horizons. Wait... there's an ONLINE boggle?? How did I never know this? Can I also suggest Fowl Words on m-w.com? Look under games, more games, and choose Fowl Words. It's pretty much the best ever.
I haven't been blogging as much lately, either. Mostly it's due to a sense of urgency in completing the work that I'm doing while I'm at work, and a sense of urgency to complete Lost before tonight's season premiere. I figure once I start watching my TV programs for one hour each week instead of four hours each day, I'll be more free to blog.
.
It must be contagious.....
I have all sorts of drafts saved, but very little posted....
I have zero drafts, zero ideas. Looks like a good portion of our blog circle is falling off the wagon. I don't know how we'll do without DG though.
Post a Comment