- My friend Natgo is very fun and awesome, and I'm so glad I got to be her roommate, because I love her very much.
- I am lucky Natgo is still my friend, because we stayed up way too late talking (my fault), and were very tired the whole weekend. On day two I was forced to take drugs (i.e., Extra-strength Excedrin) to prevent total collapse. Also, those sour grapefruit things from the BYU Bookstore candy counter helped a lot.
- They work those state board people pretty hard at that thing.
- Some BYU employees don't have a sense of humor. Many BYU employees don't have a sense of humor. Either that or they have strict policies against acknowledging the hilarious banter and antics of old ladies who are trying desperately to keep their sanity during a time of stress. No smiling allowed while working, apparently.
- I got to shake Jake Garn's hand. (Happily, I got to inform Cicada of this in person almost immediately afterward. Sadly, she doesn't know who Jake Garn is and was unimpressed by the news.)
- I got to shake Governor Huntsman's hand. (Cicada: FYI, Gov. Huntsman is the governor of the state of Utah. He is also really, really short--even with cowboy boots on.)
- Being the Health Commissioner, and feeling a responsibility to advocate all things healthy (such as 5 A Day--see grapefruit solution above), I bought a cute little pedometer with the PTA logo on it. The instructions read: False mounting or walking way will possibly arouse inaccurate result.
So that was my three days of running around in the Wilkinson Center. I also learned some alarming things about the trends in children's health, which I will attempt to share at some future date, so you can prevent your kids from becoming obese, mentally unstable, and diabetic. Until then, good luck!
6 comments:
Gov. Huntsman really is short? Huh. I didn't know. But I always see him behind a podium, I guess.
Maybe tomorrow I'll post a picture of me in Gov. Huntsman's dad's hot car. You can never win! I can always one-up you! Ha!
Hey, daltongirl. This is your friend-with-a-distended-belly, stupidramblings.
Gov. Huntsman makes Tom Cruise look tall. And insane.
I have a picture of me at the Governors mansion lying at the bottom of the main (and fancy) staircase as if I had taken a nasty spill--or even a fall--and landed there in a deformed position...
texmama: it's good to "see" you! I've missed you so!
cicada: maybe tomorrow I'll post a picture of me as a baby, wearing Gov. Huntsman's grandpa's shoes. Then again, maybe I won't.
friend w/distended belly: It doesn't take Gov. Hunstman to make Tom Cruise look insane.
False mounting...BWWAHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I am very pleased to be thought of as fun and awesome. Mostly becasue I actually am a little whiney and a HUGE klepto. I still have your bubblebath that I conveniently slipped into my bag. Hahaha!
I did not get to shake Jake Garn's hand, but I swear that one of the Voice Male guys has a GINORMOUS crush on me. He was following me around and making excuses to come back the next day. Really - how many musicians give a Friday Night concert and then come back on Saturday just to hang out backstage? It was a little creepy, I tell you what. Oh, wait. Maybe he came back on Saturday to see his dad get that big ol' award. Is it possible that he doesn't really love me? Darn! I was counting on him to be my backup plan in case my darling husband gets hit by a bus. And I didn't even get to shake Jake Garn's hand OR meet the wee Governor. How sad for me.
Post a Comment