Lola and I have been working on hats for some time now, and we finally reached our goal of fifty to send to Humanitarian Aid.If you see one you like, let me know before I pass them on to warm the heads of children, youth, and adults around the world.
And now I plan to take a break from hats and move on to tropical sore (leper) bandages and baby booties. I will probably not make fifty leper bandages. The first one I did took about two years. Booties may be another story--of course, I'll have to do 100 of those. We'll see.
7 comments:
Very well done.
I would not have known from the photo that they were homemade.
G'job...
I so admire those who are anxiously engaged in a good cause, even when they aren't expected to. I can't even manage to complete the projects I absolutely have to do, let alone clothe the rest of the world. It's nice to know that there are people in the world who think to give of themselves. Maybe when my family becomes entirely destitute of clothing, we'll come over and mooch a hat or two. (Hopefully we won't be needing any leprosy bandages.)
The hats are beautiful - nice work. I appreciate your kind offer, but I don't wear hats in winter. I worry about ruining my hair - I know - I'm incredibly vain. What I could use is a leper bandage or two to cover up these fake fingernails that are taking FOREVER to grow out. Acrylic is NOT our friend.
.
I do like your hats, but no one will call me Indiana Jones in one so I will have to respectfully decline.
Ooh, Ooh! Far and Away! Just in case there was a mvei quote contest, I totally win. Very lovely hats, btw. I once made 1/2 leper bandage. Unfortunately, I gave up and threw it away before I met Nemesis, who also had 1/2 a leper bandage. We could have had something there...
Mamaj: Wait! We're not EXPECTED to be anxiously engaged? You mean it's optional? How come no one ever told me this??? I'm taking all this yarn back to the D.I. where it came from then.
Well done, Amyj. I knew Nem would get it, but I'm very proud of you as well. Did you get my April 20 one, "Help! I've been all but raped!" That was from "Far and Away," too. Hee!
The trick to leper bandages is to crochet them. They take a fraction of the time to crochet. I learned this after the two-year bandage I knitted.
I heard that you can crochet them now and its way easy. Have you looked into that?
Post a Comment