Vote on the design for the Utah State Quarter. I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a Utah resident to participate, so if you have lived in Utah and/or feel you have a vested interest in this compelling and important issue, go for it! You can comment on your choice, and indicate why you think your opinion should weigh more than anyone else's.
I'm pretty excited about this, since I've kept my (ahem! Lola's) collection up-to-date and now have about five dollars worth of cool quarters in a giant fold-out thing under my bed.
6 comments:
Which did you vote for? I chose the trains.
My kids keep looting our giant quarter map -- probably to buy diet soda.
I voted for the trains, but in truth I would have preferred a Delicate Arch or a Great White Throne. The beehive looks cool, but people outside Utah wouldn't understand the significance, and non-Mormons might feel slighted. The snowboarder is way too "snowboard cultish" for me.
I voted for the snowboarder because who else in the world has a snowboarder on their money? No one. That's who.
I vote for the trains, although I like the idea of the Delicate Arch very much. Too bad Mama J isn't on the committee. Eennghh to the beehives, and as for the snowboarder, I beleive the slogan is still "Ski Utah." That's my vote.
Um, I don't think Canadians can vote.
I voted for the trains, too. I like the beehive and sego lily, because they are the state symbols, but they're too generic. I would also have preferred Delicate Arch. I'm surprised there wasn't a seagull choice. If there had been a seagull and DA crammed in there with the beehive and maybe a polygamist colony, well, no contest!
"The World is Welcome"?!? That's about as clever as "Utah: a pretty, great state," which we may never live down. I realize it goes along with the Olympic slogan "The world is welcome here," but why not put "here" in? Did they run out of letters? So my question is, what exactly is the world welcome to? You are welcome to make fun of us because our PR people didn't receive a high school education.
Or maybe we think the world is thanking us for something--the great Olympics we put on, complete with rampant scandal. Four years ago. You're welcome, world. You're very, very welcome.
And there's my two cents about the two bits.
I chose the Beehive one. I mean, it's *only* appropriate....
:)
but i only lived in utah for 7 weeks, and i see that i'm in the minority here--at least for your blog commenters. :)
Post a Comment