Friday, September 30

The unbearable lightness of being finished with all your chores

I did it! I finished everything. Except for a couple of minor things, which I'll do as soon as I get done here.

I made the conference activity book, passed them all out, went to my meetings, delivered campaign flyers, blah, blah, and sat with the RHS while she stewed over math. I even sat at the PTA table for a while this morning and signed people up for our after-school arts program. And I got on the news (in much the same way Mike Wyzowski was on that one commercial with Sully). I suppose there's a chance you might catch a glimpse of me on one of the network news broadcasts later today, but maybe (probably) not. They weren't focusing on me as much as they could have been. So if you do watch, I'm wearing my "Vote for Heidi" t-shirt. I thought at least they could have given me a nod because of the coolness of that. On the other hand, I'm glad no one talked to me, because the inevitable question would have been, "Why do you go to a school that's so far away from your house?" and I would have had to say something bigoted about how I don't care to have my children going to school in the ghetto. I probably could be more diplomatic, but that's the message that would come across anyway.

And now, I think I'll go on a date with my husband and take the weekend off to watch about eight hours of TV.

2 comments:

Cicada said...

Your last sentence sounds a lot like a week day for me---minus the husband, minus the date, plus four more hours of TV.

Th. said...

.

I think that sounds like a very nice weekend, Dgirl.

Of course, your eight hours are, it could be argued, preselected this weekend....

(See you there!)