Horray for PepsiCo (and the other bottlers - if you don't make Diet Pepsi or the fabulous line of Mountain Dew products, you are not on my radar). I am going to celebrate this great news with a 32 oz Diet Mountain Dew.
Um, this is actually somewhat disturbing news to me. I think they should remove ALL sodas from schools, not just the sugared ones. NutraSweet is death on wheels, definitely a scarier substance than sugar, in my opinion. (Anyone not familiar with the issue, read "Excitotoxins, the Taste that Kills" and find out what aspartame and MSG do to your brain cells.) I don't want my children EVER drinking diet sodas. Luckily elementary schools don't have soda machines, so we're in the clear for a few more years, during which time I trust that they will get rid of the rest of the sodas.
Any step in the right direction is a positive thing. You know I'm on your side here, but most people don't think like we do.
You actually have until the end of jr. high, because they will only have milk, juice, and water at the jr. high level. Over the next six years we will try to take care of the soda problem, and the fat problem, and the MSG problem, and the tobacco problem, and the mental illness problem . . . there's a lot to do, and no one seems to want to act on anything for fear of ticking the kids off. So this is FABULOUS news! Baby steps!
I'm half with MamaJ on this one. I was slightly disturbed that all the non-diets will be cleared out for only diets. I think that this is a good step, but maybe in a different direction rather than the "right" direction.
I'm shocked people are scared of 'ticking off the kids'. They're kids, arent they always ticked off about something?
But I am glad some sort of step is being made, though I wish it was removing all soda. My whole high school career I don't think I ever bought a soda from the....oh wait, I think I consumed a Barq's a week during my senior year. mmm, love that Barq's bite.
6 comments:
Horray for PepsiCo (and the other bottlers - if you don't make Diet Pepsi or the fabulous line of Mountain Dew products, you are not on my radar). I am going to celebrate this great news with a 32 oz Diet Mountain Dew.
Um, this is actually somewhat disturbing news to me. I think they should remove ALL sodas from schools, not just the sugared ones. NutraSweet is death on wheels, definitely a scarier substance than sugar, in my opinion. (Anyone not familiar with the issue, read "Excitotoxins, the Taste that Kills" and find out what aspartame and MSG do to your brain cells.) I don't want my children EVER drinking diet sodas. Luckily elementary schools don't have soda machines, so we're in the clear for a few more years, during which time I trust that they will get rid of the rest of the sodas.
Any step in the right direction is a positive thing. You know I'm on your side here, but most people don't think like we do.
You actually have until the end of jr. high, because they will only have milk, juice, and water at the jr. high level. Over the next six years we will try to take care of the soda problem, and the fat problem, and the MSG problem, and the tobacco problem, and the mental illness problem . . . there's a lot to do, and no one seems to want to act on anything for fear of ticking the kids off. So this is FABULOUS news! Baby steps!
I'm half with MamaJ on this one. I was slightly disturbed that all the non-diets will be cleared out for only diets. I think that this is a good step, but maybe in a different direction rather than the "right" direction.
(thus says a diet soda drinker)
.
Wow! I'm shocked!
I'm shocked people are scared of 'ticking off the kids'. They're kids, arent they always ticked off about something?
But I am glad some sort of step is being made, though I wish it was removing all soda. My whole high school career I don't think I ever bought a soda from the....oh wait, I think I consumed a Barq's a week during my senior year. mmm, love that Barq's bite.
Post a Comment