Thursday, August 4

I wish we all could be Callifornia girls

I've been gone four days and can't really think of anything to say. That is partly attributable to the fact that I'm using this stupid laptop and my fingers can't seem to hit the right keys.

The train ride was lots of fun, even though it took eighteen hours and I didn't really sleep. Taylor met a friend, and they spent most of the day together, and I hung out with her mom, which normally I wouldn't have liked, but she was really cool and we had a great time together. Arrived about two-and-a-half hours late.

Ate In-N-Out for dinner. Oh, it's good to be home.

My sister works as an apartment manager and is trying to raise two tiny little kids at the same time. Some of her tenants are jerks. Her life stinks, and she is so stressed out, I feel really sorry for her.

Yesterday we stayed home most of the day and I tried to help with her kids while she took care of all the problems of the complex.

Today I took one of her kids and Taylor to the zoo, and we had a great time.

Also I have been a great help in the area of medical treatment and diagnoses. I have diagnosed my sister with costochondritis, because I have the same thing and the minute she started complaining about her chest pain I knew what it was; diagnosed my month-old nephew with narcolepsy--the kid sleeps all the time, sure, like any baby, but the other thing is that he'll be screaming his head off for like ten minutes, and then all of a sudden he just flops over dead asleep. So hilarious. Also have diagnosed my neice with celiac disease, which I hope she doesn't have, because she will have to go on a gluten-free diet, which will be a pain. But at least then she won't be anemic and unable to grow or gain weight. She's three years old and weighs twenty-five pounds. Then I gave my sister a chiropractic adjustment, which she greatly appreciated. Her back has been killing her, and when I massaged it, I cracked about every vertebrae she has.

So that's my last few days. We're having a nice time, and it's fun to see my darling neice, who loves Care Bear panties (she had to bring four extra pair to the zoo, "just in case") and unicorns.

Baby crying, must go bounce and cuddle. He'll probably fall asleep in a minute here.

2 comments:

Cicada said...

All sounds so exciting... I'm still behind my desk... But I'll be out of here soon. I think that I'm diagnosing myself with Apathytowardswork. Well, apathetically stressed out, anyway.

MamaJ said...

I'm so proud. You might check out "Babinsky reflex" for the toe thing, although I don't think it's it supposed to happen spontaneously.

I've been enjoying my spinal headache, which didn't start until 2 days after the spinal tap. I thought it'd be over today, but it's coming back, so I guess I'd better sign off and go back to to the couch and be a recluse.

Ain't life grand.