Sunday, August 27

Competitive? Me?!?!?

I started playing Sudoku online. It's fun, free, and keeps me from getting Alzheimer's, of which I have a horrible fear. Also, I just like puzzle games. Also, numbers make me feel smart, even though Sudoku has nothing to do with math. I thought I was fairly good, even though I was only playing the "easy" games. I consistently finished the puzzles in about six minutes. Then I found and clicked on this button at the bottom of the page and found out I was in the bottom 23 percent.

Unacceptable!!

Suddenly, within five or six games I am in the top 29 percent. And now that I have proven myself to be smarter than most people who do easy puzzles, I'm going to have to move up a difficulty level. I am pathetic.

3 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

Your post inspired me to try my very first sudoku puzzle. I'll be honest, I could sometimes figure out at least one number, but that was it. So, rest assured that you are far, FAR better at it than I am.

-K

P.S. I've been reading your blog for a while, this is just my first time commenting. Love your stories!

MamaJ said...

So, you've proven your word game invincibility to all who know you, and now you've ventured into the realm of numbers. Is there no area where a person can feel safe from your expertise? (I suppose you'll next be going into politics or nutrition. No, wait, you're doing those too!)

I like sudoku, and until now I've felt pretty good at it. But I've never timed myself, and I really don't want to because I'm afraid I'll end up in the bottom 10%. CAN'T... TAKE ... THE ... PRESSURE!

Destiny said...

pathetic? Your great!!! I'm somewhere in the 8,000's. hmmm...