I guess we're kind of like celebrities now. This summer John Lyde (of Halestorm) filmed part of his latest movie, "Money or Mission," at our house. Last night we got to go to the jam-packed premier at the Noni Screening Room. It was weird to see our house on screen, especially with people like Joseph Smith, Sr. in our kitchen. Partly because he's been dead for like 150 years. But that guy who plays him in the movie is in our kitchen, kissing his wife, just like Daltonboy kisses me when he comes home from work. Surreal.
Anyway, it was a fun time. Lola and Daltonman both had their names in the credits as set dressers, which was a thrill for them. Afterward Lola got autographs, and the hilight was from that one really hot kid who is in Disney's "High School Musical" for about three seconds.
My only complaint (besides some mediocre acting--most of it was fairly good) was that they forgot to straighten the flowers on the front door, so every time there was a shot of the front of the house, you were thinking, "What a family of slobs!" I was wondering why that mom they cast for the film didn't straighten it, and then I remembered that she was just an actor--not really the mom, and not paid to pay attention to my house. If I had only been home that day . . . the movie might have been saved.
You can see the trailer (and the front of our house) here.
If you'd like to see more of the house (or are interested in the story), the movie will air on KSL Saturday, September 30, after the afternoon session of conference.
10 comments:
Wow - that mom is really pretty, and she has perfect hair. You'd think she'd care more about the wonky flowers on the front porch.
BTW - is this based on a story I've heard somewhere? It seems really familiar. And I'm not being all smart-alecky, like when my husband refused to see 'You've Got Mail.' He kept saying, "I've already seen it - it was called 'Sleepless in Seattle' that time." Which is SO not true, because they are TOTALLY different movies. For instance, Meg Ryan combs her hair in Sleepless in Seattle. Oh, sorry...Back to the point. Is 'Money or Mission' based on a story from conference or in the New Era or something?
Hey, it's the front of your house!
And yeah, I think I read the same story somewhere in the Ensign or New Era, Natgo.
Only the cover sort of killed any suspense I was feeling about whether or not he goes. THANKS, cover!
Ensign. you were right.
Only the cover sort of killed any suspense I was feeling about whether or not he goes. THANKS, cover!
I'm thinking that cover was from some dream sequence he was having because some angel came down and zapped him into unconsciousness for not doing what he was supposed to be doing.
There, does that help? And I bet none of you can guess where that story comes from.
I think the mom is in my old ward in Provo! She was a former Mrs Utah and her husband drives a ferrari or however you spell it. but I need to go watch the trailer a few more times to be sure.
HA! It is her!
Ok maybe she's the grandma.
Okay, so apparently everyone else in the world was able to make the trailer work... what gives?
So... Joseph Smith was in your kitchen? Like, because he decorated his kitchen with yellows, too?
Ran into your blog from the net, also LDS and found it quite interesting.
cicada: i can't get the trailer to work either! if you figure it out, be sure to let me know! (and vice versa)
Post a Comment