I know you're all dying to know how my Costco experience was. I arrived at 8:15, fifteen minutes after the store opened. The parking lot was virtually full of SUVs. Full, I tell you. SUVs and Lehi PD cars. I guess the cops heard they were giving away free donuts. Anyway, you know who was in the store: a bunch of sequined flip-flop wearing, Frito-chip manicure sporting, highlighted-hair women, buying up all the digital cameras and mahogany entertainment centers they could get their hands on. I bypassed them and headed for the dishwasher detergent.
I found so many lovely items that the whole experience was kind of a treat, however, I did not find Band-Aids. Costco is going to lose my membership money if they don't start carrying stuff that people use every day. Who needs your Kirkland shabby-chic dry-floral arrangement, made especially for homes with forty-foot vaulted entries? Not me. Also, their free sample people need to quit trying to force me to eat Sour Patch vines and drink their disgusting liquid glucosamine chondroitin elixirs. I want to sample those organic sun-dried tomato and basil sausages (MSG and nitrate free), thank you very much. Since I didn't get a free one, I had to spend $12.50 to bring a package home. Anyway, they had all manner of organic and healthy stuff, which made me very happy.
I was a little disappointed that they didn't have more specials. I could have gotten a killer deal on a hot tub, but sadly, I wasn't in the market for one. I wanted a giant box of Band-Aids. Also, they gave me the coupons on the way out. What was THAT all about? And the only freebie they offered was a little tin of Altoids in a container shaped like a car. It was supposed to make you want to buy your next car from Costco. Whatever.
Still, I think I'm going back again soon. After all, it's only two miles from my house, and I think I'm going to be needing some more of those Artisan Four Cheese rice crackers again soon.
4 comments:
They have SWEET Band-Aid packages! I know because my brother and sil bought their Band-Aids there! Clearly you didn't look hard enough.
Every costco carries different items. It was a bummer to find out that they didn't carry some of my favorite things here (in TX) that I could get in Orem. Yet they have like 50 different types of fresh gourmet coffee here that they don't carry back in UT. Too bad I don't drink that junk.
Did you know you can just make a request and stick it in their request box every time you go and Costco will carry it? I did it for Stoneyfield Yogurt at the Orem Costco.
I did ask about the Band-Aids, because I've purchased them at the Orem Costco before. They told me they're on order. If they don't come soon, I may bleed to death.
Post a Comment