Tuesday, October 25

One Fall Night

I lay contemplating the stars, thinking about shiny sparkly things in general, and concluded the following:

1. Androgeny is not inherently bad.

2. Deaf people smell strongly of cinnamon.

3. I am coming down with what will very shortly be nothing less than a severe head cold.

9 comments:

AmyJane said...

Isn't androgeny the thing where you aren't all gender segregated, and it's OK for boys to do dishes and girls to mow the lawn? Cause if it's not, I'm about to sound like an idiot.
If that is what it is, I think my own level of androgeny may be what keeps me from enjoying Releif Society very much. See, I just can't stand all the sappy stories and emotional crap and retarded book clubs wherein they don't even pick or assign a specific book cause then people who didn't read it would feel excluded. A good friend who was listening to me complain about this recently commented that perhaps I am just too logical and "guy-minded" to really get on board with their way of doing things.
But see, I also hate the way Elder's Quorum is disorganized and irreverent and every single activity is about a sporting event.
I think I fall squarely in the middle on the whole gender characteristics thing so I really, really hope androgeny isn't all bad.

MamaJ said...

What kinds of drugs are you taking these days?

stupidramblings said...

Androgyny is an ambiguity of characteristics or attributes that are either masculine or femenine.

Think David Bowie

Cooper said...

I request examples of good androgyny (all I have is David Bowie and Rosie O'Donnell in my head).

I request possible explanations of why deaf people smell like cinnamon.

If you do not comply with my requests, that is your prerogative--it's your blog. There is still a 99.9% chance that I will continue to comment on your blog. However, if you do comply, that is already upped to 100%.

stupidramblings said...

David Bowie, Angie Harmon, average WNBA fan, average male figure skater, peppermint patty, lumberjack women from Vermont, girl's gym teachers, RuPaul, Janet Reno, Rachel Dratch/Harriet Meyers (it's the same person anyway), Michael/Janet Jackson, Jamie Lee Curtis, Backstreet Boy, Maria Mottola...

daltongirl said...

Well thanks, Stupid, for taking part of the weight off my shoulders and insuring that Coop will continue to read my blog. You did it far better than I ever could have done. You left out Pat though, from SNL. That's who I always think of.

Why deaf people smell like cinnamon. Well, one person smells like cinnamon, and I'm pretty sure he's deaf. I guess that's why I made that gross generalization. I think it was supposed to be funny. Or random. Or something that a person with a burning sore throat and impending head cold might say.

Mamaj: I am currently taking no drugs. I am drug free! Clean and sober. On the wagon. Thanks for your concern, though.

AmyJ: I could never think of you as an idiot. Even if you don't know what androgeny is. You are a queen. And everyone knows queens aren't idiots. Except maybe drag queens. I'm not sure about them.

Cicada said...

Drag queens are androgenous. Androgeny is not inherently bad.

stupidramblings said...

SM

I'm going to have to ask you not to bandy the word 'stupid' about so callously...

Cooper said...

No, no, no, I said examples of GOOD androgyny, not GOOD examples of androgyny. See the difference? All of stupid's examples fall into a.. umm, not GOOD category.

And I wanted an explanation of the cinnamon thing, like perhaps "Deaf people so obviously eat a lot of Cinnamon Toast Crunch," or "Deaf people, as we all know, love Big Red."