Tuesday, October 25

Your participation is needed in the following opinion poll. You will not be asked to spend any money. We care about what you think!

I need your help. Here's what you need to do:

1. Please take a look at the photo of the shirt.



2. Form an opinion about the shirt.

3. Imagine yourself as a high school student in a small-town Utah high school.

4. Imagine yourself seeing a very, very tall, very, very skinny boy wearing this shirt at school.

5. Form an opinion about the boy.

6. Go to the comments section of this post.

7. Enter your response to the shirt and boy wearing shirt. Be specific. If you think it would look really good on a football player, but not on a band person, say so. If you think it would look good on a Chess Club member but not on a wrestler, please share.

The results will be tallied and posted at a later date. Thank you very much for your time and participation.

Note: In the event that the shirt is not found to be acceptable for a high school boy, it will be up for grabs. Please indicate if you would like to own it, give it to your Alzheimer's grandpa who is in a convalescent hospital, or use it to wax your car. Size L.

12 comments:

stupidramblings said...

I think this shirt belongs in an over-55 community in Del Boca Vista, Florida. But if I have to attach it to a high school student, I believe it belongs on the most popular man-boy in school.

Or the biggest loner.

Back to the popular man-boy though. It would take a confident young man with cutting-edge style and unlimited people savvy to pull this off. I honestly believe you would be more likely to see this on a popular kid than a loner.

Nemesis said...

That's because you would have to be one trendy self-confident nice-frames-wearing geek to pull that off.

Cooper said...

It's a really ugly shirt. Really ugly. However, now, ugly shirts seem to be the cool thing to do. I'd have to agree with stupid and nemesis. Cool kids would wear that. However, I personally would think that the kid is just looking for attention... and probably succeeding.

MamaJ said...

I am out of the loop as far as teen clothing styles go. In my day, I wouldn't have been caught dead wearing most of the things they wear now, so my opinion probably doesn't matter. But when I saw the shirt, it reminded me of of surfer summer wear. I think it would look fine on the beach, for either a boy or a girl. (Of course, girls on the beach would probably be wearing something much sexier, but that's another post.) If I saw a boy wearing that shirt in high school, I would consider him to have a free spirit, but not necessarily a good sense of style.

Christian said...

I think the shirt is, at best, a Wear It to Wash the Car During the Summer shirt. Maybe, like MamaJ said, you could pull it off as a beach shirt. But it's a rather ugly shirt that I think you can only get away with if you're involved in some form of water activity and you're not going to button it up.

Hmm. Come to think of it, isn't that the shirt Don Ameche wore in Cocoon?

Cicada said...

I'm going to have to support the trend away from Hawaiian shirts. That being said, if tall skinny boy were to wear this, I don't think that he'd really stick out of the crowd for better or for worse. No girls would be dragging him into hidden corridors (probably a good thing) and no jocks would be stuffing him in trash cans (also a good thing).

Th. said...

.

(Posting without reading other posts first.)

I see this a possibility for a high school kid, but a narrow one.

It would be worn open with another shirt underneath.

It would be okay for summertime activities (eg, the beach).

The kid who wore it would be self-confident and probably a little snide.

But a nice kid.

ambrosia ananas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Limon said...

Popular boy only. Or some dress up luau. Otherwise it would be better to tiki torch along with whoever designed it.

daltongirl said...

Thank you all so very much for your input. More on this later.

Brozy, if it helps, you should know that the whole poll thing was at DBJ's request. He said that I should ask my blog friends, and if they said it was cool, he would wear it.

Now the boy is very, very happy, because it appears that he doesn't have to, and now I have to find someone to give it to. Anyone? Anyone?

I'm thinking about my dad, for Christmas. He will hate it, but will think I spent a lot of time and energy picking it out especially for him, and therefore will wear it all the time because it's a symbol of my love for him. I do love my dad. So sweet and guileless.

Anyway Brozy, I think you should remove the labels from all your foodstuffs. You deserve to at least be able to make yourself a meal in peace.

ambrosia ananas said...

Thanks for the reassurance, DG. I apologize for my long-winded post yesterday. Some days, I just shouldn't even be allowed to speak. I'm going to go cut the nutrition facts off the back of my chocolate chips now.

daltongirl said...

Aww, you didn't have to delete your other comment. There was nothing wrong with it, and the story was really quite good. The advice was excellent, too. Because I do secretly try to do that sometimes, and even in the middle of doing it, I can tell that it doesn't feel right, but I can't stop myself.

I should probably remove the labels from my food, too. Except then I wouldn't know if stuff had MSG in it.